Today’s card is inspired by the Global Design Project challenge. The color combo they chose screams summer time.
It made me think of warm summer nights at my grandparents, sitting on their back porch, eating apple pie and listening to the frogs and crickets and Gramps tell stories. I miss those days so much.
It is funny how a simple color combination can evoke a feeling that is so strong. Or a memory that you thought was gone. Colors, sounds, music, smells are all so powerful in bringing memories to life again.
Anyway, that’s a little deep for a card making session. But it’s the truth and I wanted to share.
On to the card.
I obviously used the colors above Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Rich Razzleberry. I used them in an ink blending technique which is one of my very favorite techniques to use.
- When ink blending, use a light hand. Do not push the sponge into the paper, rather glide it in circular motions over the paper again and again to add depth of color.
- Do not mix Rich Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie, you’ll get mud. I was thoughtful in what color blended. The red is your center or neutral color here. It plays well with orange and purple. It has to be the referee because purple and orange get ugly together.
- Adding texture to an ink blended background is easy. Just flick some water droplets on after ink blending and then soak up with a paper towel. Instant texture. I love the way it looks.
I also had to share a couple more summer color combos. I would love to see if you use any of the combinations on my blog today. Share them with me through email or on my Facebook page at Luvin Stampin.
Supplies used to create this card are listed below. You can click on any of the images to purchase the item in my online store.
- + Minimum purchase of $50 will receive an exclusive Class To Go kit (see it here)
- + If you order is $150 or more please DO NOT use the host code, you will still receive the free goodies.
- + Free gifts mailed at end of the offer period (between 25th and 30th of each month)
- + One free gift per month, use rewards punch cards for added bonus (CLICK HERE)
- + Subscriptions to Paper Pumpkin do not count towards your free gift order.
- + Offer is only through me, Wendy Cranford, not through Stampin’ UP!
- + Offer is only available to online orders, not in person orders.