It’s likely to be Monday before you see anything or hear from me again. The power has been out close to 48 hours.
Not only is the power out, my cell service is barely working.
I am currently sitting at a Starbucks on their WIFI about 30 minutes away from my home to get a message to you.
Posting on Facebook when my cell will connect long enough.
We are safe and making the best out of a not ideal situation. Like my husband said, FIRST WORLD PROBLEM.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- We are all screwed if we lose power for more than about 48 hours
- Everyone should own a generator (buying one as soon as they are back in stock)
- Everyone should own a battery operated radio, so that you can still hear what’s happening. With no cell service you can’t get news updates on your phone.
- It is wise to have large gallons of bottled water on hand at all times
- If Starbucks goes away we are all screwed.
- Crafting can commence even without power during the day. Which is WONDERFUL.
- Children actually CAN play and laugh and have fun outside – they are shocked too.
- Keep a stock on hand of candles both real and battery operated.
- Enjoy the quiet and the disconnect. It’s rejuvenating. Maybe I’ll have a power free day once a month!
LUV you all….. thanks for your patience. I have cool videos sitting on dock for you but I have no way to edit and upload them.